First of all, this is not a post about meal prepping, to be honest, I am not a fan of meal prepping. It takes too much time for me and I hate eating the same meals over and over again. If you are looking for a meal prepping post, this not for you…this post is all about cheap, healthy, and easy lunches that taste good and are easy to pack in the morning.
A week into the new year, our office has been attempting to eat healthier, drink more water, and workout daily. I love the new healthy vibes around the office, but I realized where most of my coworkers struggle and fall short to meet their health goals…LUNCHES.
I have struggled with this myself, there are just too many tempting/unhealthy food options near my office, and I get too lazy to plan my meals and pack them the night before. Let me make it simple for you guys. Below is what I buy from Costco, which is almost everything I need to get me through a week of lunches. Also some healthy lunch ideas and recipes that are easy to make and will last you all week!
People think that when you are eating healthy and go to the grocery store, you have to take an hour or two to plan and buy so many different ingredients that can add up to a hefty grocery bill. To save you guys time and money here is what I buy for lunches at grocery stores.
Costco Grocery List:
- Rotisserie Chicken ($5.99)
- Pre-packaged Salads – Santa Fe and Chicken Ceasar flavor ($4.99 for 2 pack)
- Pack of Edamame ($5.99)
- Organic Hard-Boiled Eggs – in the dairy section and individually wrapped so they last forever ($8.99 for 32 eggs)
- Rx Bars – for about 6 Chocolate and 6 Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars ($17.99)
- Cans of Tuna ($14.00 for an 8 pack) – these are usually always on sale though
- Organic Bananas
- Organic Apples
That is usually all I get from Costco. I tend not to buy many fruits and veggies from there because I cannot eat that large of a quantity in that short of a week. Although they are cheap, I hate wasting food. Therefore, with just these 8 Costco items (and a few items from a regular grocery store) you can make great tasting and different lunches each day.
- Prepackaged Sante Fe Salad
- include more protein by adding 1/2 cup of rotisserie chicken and 1 or 2 hard-boiled eggs
- A large handful of edamame. Heat it up add a little garlic, pepper, and soy sauce…yum!
- Prepackaged Chicken Ceasar Salad
- 1/2 cup of Tuna Salad
- Rx Bar
- Turkey & Cheese lettuce wraps
- Sante Fe Salad
- Chicken Ceasar Salad with extra rotisserie chicken
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs
- Rx Bar
- Tuna Salad on a sandwich thin with avocado
- Rx bar for later
Simple, healthy, and most of the preparing is already done for you! Add some of your other healthy lunch favorites and think of all the possibilities you can have for the week. Happy New Year guys and stick with those healthy new year resolutions…we are all in this together
Comment below with anything you guys struggle with, need healthy alternatives for, or want to see more of on my blog 🙂